Why you will need to add a few more to your boycotting list



I have not said a lot about this because I try to not engage in this on Facebook. However I do want to share this interesting article. It might surprise you that I am actually a very conservative person but yes this is my view on this subject... but for all of you boycotting Target you might need to add a few to the list...

I do not agree fully with the way that Target handled this issue but I also don't agree with the way a majority of the people are handling it. I believe we are supposed to stand up for what we believe in. We know that we live in a sin filled world and people are not perfect, I am not perfect. Aaron Wilson wrote, "Boycotting as it turns out, is just too easy. Christians are not called to avoid the culture out of disgust, but rather to engage it in wisdom, love, and truth." His article talks about why boycotting is not the best answer for this situation. Other companies will likely follow Target with policies similar, are we going to boycott all of them too? I don't know the answers I am simply asking a question....

I don't like people using the safety argument though and I read a great post on that this morning too "If there are people out there wanting to harm others in a bathroom, they’d do it anyway even if this new “law” didn’t exist. Just like taking the guns away from everyone, doesn’t stop the bad guy from having a gun… bad guys and gals don’t abide by the laws, they never have." Todd and I have always been very concerned about this and therefore we do not let Wyatt or McKinley go alone to the bathroom. I don't know what the answer is, for now I will keep shopping at target.



http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/26/all-the-things-you-can-no-longer-buy-if-you-re-really-boycotting-trans-friendly-businesses.html?via=mobile&source=email

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All night long

Another bad day at school

L. Morgan Hall